Your constituent dashboard is where you can see powerful graphs that are based on your constituent's demographics from your uploaded Constituent File(s). Below are some suggestions on how to can get started with the info in this dashboard.
Constituents Dashboard (Free Features)
- Constituent Age
- Are your communication channels align with the ages of your constituents and how they prefer to be communicated with?
- While most orgs donors will trend older, are yours trending too old? Do you need to focus on getting younger donors so that you can have a healthy donor file in the future?
- Do your constituent demographics skew too far to one side or the other? Is this expected or is it a surprise?
- Constituent Household Income
- Does it appear that your constituents are weighted too high or too low? How do you feel this relates to the giving you have been receiving? Is there opportunity to find more major donors? Are you skewing towards relying heavily on lower income supporters?
- Constituent Education
- Does it appear that your constituents are weighted to a particular education demographic? How might this change how you are appealing to your constituents?
- Giving Affinity
- What other types of nonprofits do your donors support?
- Do you have programs or parts of your mission that align with some of those other sectors? i.e. you perform international relief, in which part of that is educating the youth in impoverished countries and you find that a lot of your donors also give to education. You could consider highlighting those programs a bit more in your outreach.
- Constituent Location
- Do you have events in heavily concentrated states?
- Are you looking to expand with new locations, chapters members, etc…
- Are there hot spots for your major gift officers should consider when they schedule visits with current major donors?
- Do you have program work in areas that are heavily concentrated with donors, or low concentration?
- Sector Comparison
- How does your organization compare to your sector based on all of the view discussed above?
- It is especially important to benchmark your org against sector age comparison. Are your donors getting older than your competitors, or younger? If younger, that your org will have an greater success in the future as your strategy can rely less on acquisition that others.
Constituent Dashboard (Paid Features)
In addition to premium graphs that come with a Causemo Insights Pro account you can also export a .csv of the individuals that are represented in your saved dashboards (segments) along with their contact info. If you are interested in unlocking your account for pro features, you can follow these steps here to upgrade.
- Political View
- Do you know the political demographics of your donors? How is your org currently messaging to a politically diverse audience? Could you be perceived as leaning too liberally or too conservatively? Getting stronger insights into this demographic information will greatly improve your targeting and messaging.
- Net Worth
- As discussed above, paying attention to household income view is critical to better understanding the types of donors and donor potential that you have. Net worth takes this insights one step deeper by providing insights for an individuals total net worth.
- Similar to the political view, do you know the religious demographics of your donors? How is your org currently messaging to a religiously diverse audience? Are you messaging most effectively around holidays? Getting stronger insights into this demographic information will greatly improve your targeting and messaging.
- Child Count & Marital Status
- Being aware of family demographics when it comes to children and marital status is extremely important when asking for increased donations, making planned asks, and targeting key messaging. For example, is your organization a human services organization? How might you tailor your annual appeal to parents if you had this targeted demographic insight?